|16 oz||Pastene Italian Jumbo Shells|
|salt for the pasta water|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||small onion, diced|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1||10 oz can Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|1||15 oz can Pastene Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 ½ cups||corn, fresh or frozen|
|¾ cup||sour cream|
|3 cups||Mexican cheese blend, divided|
|1||10 oz can enchilada sauce|
|green onions, chopped as garnish|
|cilantro, chopped as garnish|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook shells until al dente. Drain well, and separate on a parchment lined baking sheet to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the olive oil and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add beef and brown until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, sour cream and 2 1/2 cup cheese and stir until cheese is melted and it is all blended together.
- Prep two 9″ x 13″ pans by coating with cooking spray and spreading 1 cup of salsa in the bottom of each.
- Stuff each shell with about a heaping spoonful of the beef mixture and place the prepared pans, repeat until mixture is gone.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and drizzle tops of each shell with enchilada sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.
- The recipe can easily be cut in half for a smaller number of servings.