|25||Pastene Italian Jumbo Shells|
|5 oz||mini pepperoni, sliced and divided|
|15 oz||ricotta cheese|
|12 oz||mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided|
|2 tsp||Italian seasoning|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|1 ½||15 oz can Pastene Pizza Sauce|
|2 Tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook shells until al dente. Drain well, separate on a parchment lined baking sheet to prevent sticking, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Coat a 9″ x 13″ sides of the baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the pizza sauce in an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Place ½ of the pepperoni (chopped), ricotta cheese, ½ of the mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- The dish will hold about 25 shells. Make a few extra shells in case a shells tears or for possible extra filling. Fill each shell with a tablespoon of pizza sauce and a scoop the ricotta mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella, romano over the top of the shells and top with slices of pepperoni.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Make ahead Note: Fill the shells and place in the pan on top of the layer of pizza sauce. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted.