Yields about 2 cups
|8 oz||extra-sharp high quality cheddar cheese, coarsely grated by hand|
|¼ cup or 2 oz||softened cream cheese|
|1||4 oz jar Pastene Pimentos|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
Prep time: 5 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cheddar cheese in an even layer.
- Scatter the cream cheese, pimentos, mayonnaise and chile flakes over the cheddar cheese.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the pimento cheese until it is smooth and spreadable.
- Transfer the pimento cheese to a medium size bowl and serve as a dip with pita chips and crackers.
- The pimento cheese can also be used as a sandwich spread and will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.