|1||French baguette, sliced into ¼ “ rounds or bite sized pieces|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tsp||garlic powder|
|1||15 oz Pastene Pizza Sauce|
|2-3 oz||pepperoni, thinly sliced|
|2 cups||mozzarella, shredded|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set two racks in the middle and lower thirds of the oven. Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, and set aside.
- Preheat a medium sized cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until hot. Layer the sauce, mozzarella cheese, romano cheese and pepperoni in the skillet.
- Bake until the sauce and cheese are bubbling and melted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, place sliced bread on the upper rack of the oven to toast until golden.
- Serve immediately with baguette slices.