|24||Pastene Italian Jumbo Shells|
|1||bunch asparagus tips, blanched|
|1 Tbsp||dijon mustard|
|½ tsp||salt plus more for the pasta water|
|½ tsp||black pepper|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|¼ cup||Pastene Balsamic Vinegar|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|6||salami slices, chopped|
|3 cups||baby spinach leaves, chopped|
|1 cup||grape or Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half|
|¾ cup||red onion, chopped|
|20||Pastene Whole Ripe Pitted Olives, chopped|
|⅓ cup||fresh or frozen peas|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook shells until al dente.
- Pour some of the boiling water into another pan and add asparagus for 1 minute to blanch. Drain shells well, separate on a parchment lined baking sheet to prevent sticking, and set aside. Drain asparagus after a minute and slice into bite size pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add the oil and whisk thoroughly to combine. Continue whisking until the dressing is fully emulsified. Store in a jar with a lid and refrigerate. Shake well before using.
- Combine the salami, spinach, tomatoes, onion, olives, asparagus, peas, avocado, cheese and ½ cup of the dressing. Toss thoroughly.
- Fill each shell with the salad mixture, arrange on platter. Sprinkle extra cheese over shells, if desired.