|½ lb||Italian sausage|
|4 oz||cream cheese, softened|
|¼ cup||Pastene Plain Bread Crumbs|
|2 Tbsp||scallion, minced|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|3 Tbsp||parsley, minced|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||32 oz jar Pastene Hot Cherry Peppers, drained|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Remove the meat from the sausage casing. Heat a skillet to medium-high and crumble the sausage into the pan.
- Brown for about 5 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and chop into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cream cheese, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, scallion, parsley, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the egg.
- Core the cherry peppers and remove the seeds and ribs with a melon baller.
- Stuff each cherry pepper with a scoop of the filling.
- Place on a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes until the peppers look softened and the filling is golden brown on top.