|4||red bell peppers|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for drizzling|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2||jalapeños, diced and seeds removed|
|2||scallions, chopped, whites and greens|
|1 tsp||lime zest|
|1½ Tbsp||lime juice|
|1 tsp||sea salt|
|½ cup||cilantro, finely chopped|
|1 cup||Pastene Italian Orzo|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 cup||fresh corn kernels, cut off the cob|
|2 cups||sharp cheddar cheese, grated|
|avocado slices, for serving|
|lime wedges, for serving|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 450° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and membranes, and place on the baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake 10 minutes.
- Tip out and discard any liquid that pools inside the peppers. Set the peppers aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and cook orzo until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, jalapeños, scallions, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt, and cilantro. Fold in the orzo, black beans, and corn.
- Scoop the filling into the pepper halves and top each with a generous amount of cheese.
- Continue baking at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve with the avocado slices, lime wedges, and extra jalapeños, if desired.