Yields 2 cups
|8||Pastene Hot Cherry Peppers|
|1||small white onion, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Pepper (optional)|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|⅓ cup||Pastene Prosecco Wine Vinegar|
|⅔ cup||white sugar|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 60 minutes
- Prepare cherry peppers by removing stems and seeds and rinsing clean. Reserve some of the seeds to add later.
- Add cherry peppers, onion, garlic, and desired amount of pepper seeds into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. If you’re looking for a hotter relish, include some seeds and hot crushed peppers.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and the cherry pepper mixture. Stir in vinegar and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes. If relish appears to be drying out a bit, add water. Cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. The liquid should be mostly cooked away by the end of the hour.
- Remove from heat. Allow relish to cool and serve or store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.