Yields 2 cups
|6-8||Pastene Hot Cherry Peppers|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|⅓ cup||Pastene Prosecco Wine Vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Pepper (optional)|
|1||small white onion|
|⅔ cup||white sugar|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Prepare cherry peppers by removing stems and seeds and rinsing clean. Reserve some of the seeds to add later.
- Put cherry peppers, onion, garlic, and desired amount of pepper seeds into a food processor. If you’re looking for a hotter relish, include some seeds and hot crushed peppers. Pulp mixture until finely chopped.
- Transfer cherry pepper mixture to a large skillet and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Set heat to medium. Stir in vinegar and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Check to make sure it isn’t drying out. If so, add water. Cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. The liquid should be mostly cooked away by the end of the hour.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool and serve. Store in a glass jar.