|1 cup||Pastene Polenta|
|¾ cup||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 ½ tsp||baking powder|
|½ tsp||fine sea salt|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pure Olive Oil or Pastene Sunflower Oil|
|2 Tbsp||unsalted butter, softened|
|½ cup||whole milk plain yogurt, or sour cream|
|½ tsp||1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice|
|¼ tsp||lemon extract|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper to fit and lightly brush the bottom and the sides of the pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk the polenta, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, egg whites, and sugar in a heavy-duty stand mixer on medium speed 4-5 minutes, until pale and creamy. On low speed, mix in the oil, butter, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Pour the batter into the pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top feels firm (not hard) and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool – run a dull knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Sift powdered sugar over the cake and serve.