|¾ cup||butter, plus more for pan|
|2 cups||almond flour|
|1 cup||Pastene Instant Polenta|
|1 ½ tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||kosher salt|
|1 cup||powdered sugar|
|¼ cup||dark amber maple syrup, warmed|
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9” round cake pan and line bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- Melt ¾ cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat, then cook, stirring often, until butter foams, then browns, 5 to 8 minutes. Careful not to let the butter burn. Pour into a bowl and chill brown butter until cold and solid.
- Whisk almond flour, polenta, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat chilled brown butter and ¾ cup sugar until very pale and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape the bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend between additions. Beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low, gradually add dry ingredients, and mix just to combine. Scrape batter into the pan and spread with a spatula until smooth and even.
- Bake until cake is golden brown and pulls away from sides of pan, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cake cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out onto a cake plate and let cool.
- While the cake is cooling, mix together the tablespoon of butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Pour about ⅔ of the glaze in the center of the cake and use a cake spatula to spread the glaze from the inside to the outer edge. Continue adding glaze until the top of the cake is fully coated.