|light corn syrup
|Pastene Pine Nuts, toasted
|fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Toast the pine nuts in a medium skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Immediately remove from the skillet to a cool bowl/plate when done.
- Generously grease a large rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray before you begin.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, butter, and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring regularly, until the caramel is light brown and registers 300°F on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Watch the temperature closely and do not heat above 300°F.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the baking soda. The mixture will bubble. Quickly, stir in the nuts and rosemary, then immediately scrape the brittle onto the greased baking sheet. Using the back of a large rubber spatula, spread the brittle into a thin, even layer. Sprinkle the top of the brittle evenly with salt.
- Let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Flip the brittle onto another cookie sheet and break the brittle into large shards. The brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.