|2 cups||all purpose flour|
|2 cups||Pastene Sunflower Oil|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pignoli|
|1 Tbsp||candy confetti or rainbow sprinkles|
Prep time: 35 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- Place 1 cup of flour and salt in a large bowl. Adding 1 egg at a time, blend thoroughly with a wooden spatula.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of flour on a work surface and knead the dough into the remaining flour until fully combined. Knead the dough until smooth and then divide it in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough to about ¼“ thick. Using a large knife or bench knife, cut the dough into ¼“ strips. Roll each strip with your hands into a rounded rope. Cut each rope into ¼” pieces and place pieces on a baking sheet. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan until very hot. Add the dough in batches and stir as they cook. Remove with a perforated spoon onto a paper towel lined tray or baking sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is fried.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a large wide skillet and cook on low, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add all of the dough to the honey, stirring constantly to coat the dough.
- Once coated, very quickly remove the dough to a large plate and arrange in a wreath shape. Then, quickly, sprinkle the pignoli and confetti before the honey sets. Let cool.
- Serve by breaking off pieces with a fork. Store for 4-5 days in an airtight container.