|2 ½ cups||all purpose flour, plus more for pan|
|2 tsp||pumpkin pie spice|
|1½ tsp||baking powder|
|¼ tsp||baking soda|
|1 cup||unsalted butter, softened|
|1 cup||granulated sugar|
|1 cup||light brown sugar|
|3||large eggs, at room temperature|
|1 cup||canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|1 cup||Pastene Instant Polenta|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 50-60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour the bundt cake pan. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature for best results.
- Add flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine with a whisk and set aside.
- With an electric mixer or a stand mixture with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and two sugars at medium speed until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Reduce the speed to low and add the pumpkin and the polenta.
- Next add the flour mixture in fourths alternating with the milk and ending with the flour mixture. Stir to combine but don’t over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Test with a cake tester or a metal skewer until it comes out clean (no raw batter)
- Let cake stand on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then turn out on to rack to cool completely.
- Plate, dust the cake with confectioners sugar and serve.