|1 cup||golden raisins|
|¼ cup||warm dark rum|
|1 ½ cup||all purpose flour|
|1 cup||Pastene Instant Polenta|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|¾ cup||butter, softened|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
- Combine the raisins and rum in a bowl, stir to coat the raisins and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, polenta, baking powder and salt.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until thoroughly combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the butter mixture. Add the raisins and rum until fully blended.
- Roll the dough between two long sheets of wax paper until ¼” thick. Chill dough until very firm, at least an hour.
- Cut the cookie dough into diamond shapes or cookie cutter shape of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and place cookies on each pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the underside is golden brown.
- Store for up to a week in an airtight container.
A traditional cookie of Venice.