|½ cup||fresh parsley|
|1 lb||lean ground beef|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|4 oz||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving|
|½ cup||Pastene Italian Breadcrumbs|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|3 Tbsp||dry red wine|
|⅛ tsp||ground black pepper|
|flour, for dredging|
|4-5 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||16 oz jar Pastene Autentico San Marzano Sauce|
|12 oz||Pastene Italian Pappardelle (about ¾ of a package)|
- In a food processor, pulse to combine and finely chop, parsley and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, parsley, beef, garlic, parmesan, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, egg, wine, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands and then form into 16 2” meatballs. Dredge each meatball in flour and place them on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- In a large stainless skillet on medium heat, add oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add about ⅓ to ½ of the meatballs, turning and browning on all sides. Once brown, remove to another cookie sheet lined with paper towel and continue to cook the next batch until complete.
- Extra meatballs can be frozen and used at a later date with the pasta and sauce of your choice.
- Warm the Autentico San Marzano Sauce and add the number of meatballs desired in a large pan on medium heat. Break up the meatballs into large chunks in the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and toss with the meatballs and sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve.