|16 oz||Pastene Italian Trivella|
|2 cups||whole milk|
|4 cups||extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated|
|½ cup||unsalted butter, melted|
|¼ tsp||black pepper|
|¼ tsp||cayenne pepper|
|2 cups||monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until 2 minutes before al dente. Drain well and set aside. Transfer to a colander and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and eggs. Add cooked pasta, 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar, melted butter, salt, cayenne and pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Add half the macaroni mixture to a 9”x13” baking dish in an even layer. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups monterey jack and ⅛ cup parmesan evenly on top. Spread the remaining macaroni mixture on top in an even layer. Cover with aluminum foil, transfer to the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Remove the foil and add the remaining 2 cups cheddar, ⅛ cup parmesan and ½ cup monterey jack on top of the pasta. Broil on top rack until cheese is browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes. Note: The broiled cheese can burn fairly quickly, so keep an eye on it.
- Remove from oven and let cool until the pasta and cheese are fully set, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.