|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene extra-Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 Tbsp||butter, divided|
|2||medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped|
|3 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|2 cups||low-sodium beef broth|
|1 can 28 oz||Pastene Kitchen Ready No Salt|
|4 oz||cremini mushrooms, stemmed|
|1||cup red wine|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add lamb and cook until golden all over, about 4 minutes per side. Work in batches as necessary. Remove lamb from pot and place on a plate.
- In the pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, carrots and cook until soft, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more, then add tomato paste and stir until vegetables are coated.
- Pour in broth and tomato sauce, then return lamb shanks to the pot. Add rosemary and bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook until lamb shanks are completely tender, 2 hours.
- Remove lamb from pot and place on a cutting board. Tent with foil to keep warm. Discard rosemary.
- Return pot to stove over medium heat. Add wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Serve lamb with mashed potatoes and spoon sauce on top.