|4||skinless boneless thick cut chicken breasts|
|garlic salt to taste|
|freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|garlic powder to taste|
|1||7 oz jar Pastene Sun Dried Tomato Pesto|
|8||thick slices of whole milk buffalo mozzarella|
|12||grape tomatoes cut in half|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||bunch fresh basil, chopped|
|sea salt to taste|
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat dry.
- On a sheet of foil, season both sides of each chicken breast to taste with garlic salt, garlic powder and cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the chicken.
- Heat the skillet on medium high.
- Sear the chicken until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes each side and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Spread on a thick coat of Pastene sun dried tomato pesto on top of each chicken breast.
- Next, add 2 slices of fresh mozzarella and 3 halved grape tomatoes to each breast. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Add chopped basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Bake the skillet in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Season with the juices in the skillet and serve.
by: ALEXIA “U Had Me at Kitchen”