|3||chicken breasts with skin and backbone, halved|
|1 (14 oz) can||Pastene Italian Peeled Tomatoes with juice|
|¾ cup||low-sodium chicken broth|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Pure Olive Oil|
|½ cup||all-purpose flour (dredging)|
|⅔ (3.5 ounce) jar||Pastene Capers, drained|
|1 large||white onion, diced|
|1 (4.5 ounce) jar||Pastene Roasted Peppers, chopped|
|¾ cup||dry white wine|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ cup||chicken stock|
|1½ tsp||dried oregano|
|¼ cup||fresh basil, coarsely chopped|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese (for topping)|
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and sauté just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, sauté it in 2 batches.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the roasted red pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and basil.