|16 oz||Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|½ cup||fresh parsley|
|1 lb||lean ground beef|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|4 oz||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving|
|½ cup||Pastene Italian Breadcrumbs|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|3 Tbsp||dry red wine|
|⅛ tsp||ground black pepper|
|flour, for dredging|
|4 -5 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium onion, peeled and halved|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Chunky Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 60 minutes
- In a food processor, pulse to combine and finely chop, parsley and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, parsley, beef, garlic, parmesan, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, egg, wine, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands and then form into 16 2” meatballs. Dredge each meatball in flour and place them on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Make Pastene Simple Pasta Sauce and let simmer while you begin to cook the meatballs.
- In a large stainless skillet on medium heat, add oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add about ⅓ to ½ of the meatballs, turning and browning on all sides. Once brown, remove to another cookie sheet lined with paper towel and continue to cook the next batch until complete.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain well and divide into 4-6 servings.
- Top each serving with sauce, 3-4 meatballs and top with parmesan cheese.