|16 oz||Pastene Italian Shells|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ cup||yellow onion, chopped|
|¾ cup||Pastene Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut, drained|
|1||7 oz jar Pastene Roasted Peppers, drained and chopped|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Artichoke Hearts, drained and sliced|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|1 cup||fresh parmesan cheese, coarsely grated, plus more for topping|
|½ cup||fresh basil, chopped, firmly packed|
|5||green onions, sliced, green parts|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and roasted peppers.
- Cook for 3 minutes; stir in red pepper flakes.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cream and cheese and simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in basil and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Toss with pasta.
- Add reserved pasta water gradually to increase sauciness.
- Serve topped with additional parmesan cheese.