|16 oz||Pastene Italian Linguine|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||small onion, finely chopped|
|1 ½ cups||Pastene Tomato Puree|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|1 ½ cup||fresh parmesan, finely grated|
|1 ½ tsp||Italian seasoning|
|freshly ground pepper and salt to taste|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until 1-2 minutes before al dente. Just before draining, reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, cream, milk, cheese and seasoning and blend well. Simmer for 2 to 4 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
- Add pasta. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and is clinging to pasta. Use reserved pasta cooking water, if needed, to loosen the sauce if it gets too thick.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more parmesan and thyme leaves, if desired.