|1||large eggplant, cubed|
|1||16 oz Pastene Organic Italian Mafaldine|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 (10 oz) can||Pastene Small Whole Cherry Tomatoes, drained|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pastene Garlic Oil|
|5-7||fresh basil leaves, plus more to garnish|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|Pastene Pure Olive Oil, for frying|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, for serving|
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Rinse eggplant and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic until soft but not brown. Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of heavily salted boiling water until al dente. Set aside.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a second skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplant cubes until brown and crisp on sides, adding more oil if necessary.
- Combine tomato-basil sauce with eggplant and pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan, add basil for garnish and serve immediately.