|16 oz||Pastene Mafaldine|
|2 tbsp||Pastene Pure Olive Oil|
|2 tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 can||Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes Peeled, chopped|
|5-7||fresh basil leaves|
|salt and pepper|
|Pastene Olive Oil for frying|
|Pastene Gratec Parmesan Cheese|
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, wash eggplants and slice thinly. Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic until soft but not brown. Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a second skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry eggplant slices until brown and crisp on both sides, adding more oil if necessary.
- Mix tomato-basil sauce with eggplant and hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.