|4 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||large eggplant, ½" dice|
|1||large zucchini, ½" dice|
|2||red or yellow bell peppers, seeded, ¾“ dice|
|1||medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges|
|1||24 oz jar Pastene Tomato Garlic Pasta Sauce|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Small Whole Cherry Tomatoes with Juice|
|¼ cup||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|2 cups||Pastene Instant Polenta|
|2 Tbsp||butter, optional|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, for serving|
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven the 400° F. Place racks in the middle and the upper ⅓ of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or foil for easy clean up.
- Place the eggplant in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Toss to coat and place on one baking sheet. Add the zucchini, peppers,and onion to a bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoon of oil, ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Toss to coat and place on the other baking sheet.
- Place the eggplant pan on the middle rack, the other pan on the upper rack and roast for 20 minutes. Toss the vegetables and roast for another 15-20 minutes or until tender. (Can be done ahead of time, let cool, and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
- Combine the roasted vegetables, pasta sauce, and tomatoes in a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Lower the temperature and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Stir in the basil just before serving.
- While the sauce simmers, bring 8 cups of water and 2 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Slowly add the polenta while stirring. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in butter, if desired.
- Serve the sauce over the polenta and top with Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese
By: Simply Gluten Free Magazine