|2||Pastene Sun Dried Tomato Halves, chopped|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||fresh parsley|
|¼ tsp||kosher salt plus more to taste|
|¼ tsp||freshly ground pepper plus more to taste|
|4 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|3||large onions, thinly sliced|
|pinch of sugar|
|1 lb||ground beef chuck|
|1||Italian sausage link, casing removed|
|8||slices provolone cheese|
|4||brioche or hamburger buns, split|
|baby arugula, for topping|
- To make the aioli, blend the mayonnaise, tomatoes, garlic, fresh herbs and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper in a mini food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Next, make the caramelized onions by melting the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sugar and toss to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 20 minutes. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring, until browned and caramelized, 15 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium high and brush the grates with vegetable oil.
- Put the beef and sausage in a large bowl and combine with your hands. Form four ¾ inch-thick patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers until the edges begin browning, 3 to 5 minutes, then flip and top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the burgers are done, 3 to 4 more minutes for medium.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill. Spread the aioli on the top and bottom buns. Sandwich with the burgers, caramelized onions and arugula.