|1 lb||hot Italian sausage, casings removed|
|1||large onion, chopped|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||red bell pepper, diced|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Trivella|
|1||16 oz jar Pastene Autentico San Marzano Sauce|
|3 cups||chicken broth|
|kosher salt to taste|
|½ cup||heavy cream|
|2 ½ cups||mozzarella, divided|
|freshly parsley, chopped for garnish|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes more.
- Add pasta and stir until coated. Add in the San Marzano sauce and chicken broth and season with salt. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pasta is al dente and 80% of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in cream and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in half of mozzarella.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella. Bake until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan before serving.