|1||24 oz jar Pastene Chateau Tomato Sauce|
|½ lb||sweet Italian bulk sausage|
|½ lb||hot Italian bulk sausage|
|1||medium onion, diced|
|1||15 oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|½ cup||Pastene Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
|¼ tsp||ground nutmeg|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Jumbo Shells|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese for topping|
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat a 13×9 inch casserole pan with cooking spray. Spread ¾ of the jar of tomato sauce on the bottom of prepared pan.
- Remove the sausage casings and add with onions to a large skillet on medium heat. Cook and break up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until sausage is browned and onion is soft.
- Add sausage and onions to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Once cooled, add pumpkin, breadcrumbs, romano cheese and nutmeg mixing well to combine.
- When the water has reached a rapid boil, cook pasta until just al dente. Drain well and separate the shells onto a baking sheet, allowing them to cool until they are ready to stuffed.
- Stuff the shells with the pumpkin sausage mixture and arrange in prepared casserole pan. Spoon the rest of the tomato sauce over the top of the shells. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, uncover and add the parmesan cheese over the shells and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.