|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium onion, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 tsp||salt, divined|
|1 tsp||ground black pepper, divided|
|1 lb||ground beef chuck|
|¼ cup||heavy cream|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Pasta Sauce|
|15 oz||whole-milk ricotta cheese|
|1 ¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|½ cup||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|1||large egg, lightly beaten|
|16 oz||Pastene Lasagne Festonate|
|16 oz||whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded, about 4 cups|
- Preheat oven to 375° F and position a rack in the middle.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, warm the oil until shimmering. Add the onion and cook, until softened but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the meat, and ½ tsp of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, until the meat lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and pasta sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer slowly until the flavors are blended, about 3 minutes; set the sauce aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagne until al dente. Drain well and lay out each noodle on clean kitchen towels to prevent sticking until assembly.
- Mix the ricotta, 1 cup parmesan, basil, egg, and remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper in a medium bowl with a fork until combined and creamy; set aside.
- Add ¼ cup of the meat sauce to the bottom of a 13” x 9” baking dish and layer 3 noodles on top to create the first layer. Drop 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on each noodle and spread to cover. Next, sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese and then spoon 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat the layering of noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, and sauce two more times. Finally, top with 3 noodles, the remaining sauce, the remaining cup of mozzarella, and ¼ cup parmesan.
- Spray a large sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover the lasagna. Bake 15 minutes, then remove the foil. Continue to bake until the cheese begins to spot brown, about 25 minutes more. Cool the lasagna about 10 minutes, cut into pieces, and serve.