|16 oz||Pastene Italian Orecchiette|
|1 lb||broccoli crowns|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 cup||chicken broth|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated parmesan Cheese, Plus more for serving|
|1 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut broccoli crowns in bite sized pieces while the water heats up.
- Add the broccoli to the water and blanch for 2 minutes, drain and set aside in a colander.
- Bring another large pot of water, now salted, to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high, add olive oil. When the oil is hot add garlic and cook until golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add broccoli to the skillet, mix well with the garlic and oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook about a minute.
- Add cooked pasta and reduce heat and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and toss another 30 seconds so that everything is mixed well and the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat. Serve in bowls with additional grated cheese.