|1 lb||Pastene Lasagne Festonate|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 large||white onion, diced|
|2||24 oz jars Pastene Tomato Basil Sauce|
|1 tsp||Italian seasoning|
|2 tsp||salt, plus more to taste|
|2 tsp||pepper, plus more to taste|
|1 lb||mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated|
|15 oz||ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
Prep time: 25-30 minutes | Cook time: 55-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagna until al dente and drain well. Transfer to an ice bath to cool, drain, and lay pasta flat on kitchen towels to prevent sticking.
- Lightly brown garlic and onion in a large skillet on medium heat, mix in ground beef, and sauté until the beef is cooked through.
- To make the tomato sauce, combine tomato basil sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and eggs.
- In a 9 x 12” casserole pan, spread a layer of the tomato sauce and then add a layer of noodles. Next, add a layer of the cheese mixture followed by a layer of the meat mixture. Repeat each layer of sauce, noodles, cheese and meat until the pan is just about full. On top of the last layer of noodles, add final layer of tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.