|1 lb||Pastene Festonate (Lasagna noodles)|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 large||white onion, diced|
|2 (24 ounce) jars||Pastene Tomato Basil Sauce|
|1 lb||mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced|
|1 lb||ricotta cheese|
|1 tsp||Italian seasoning|
|2 tsp||salt, plus more to taste|
|2 tsp||pepper, plus more to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook lasagna noodles for 10-15 minutes until tender but al dente, drain, and keep warm. Set aside.
- Lightly brown garlic and onion in a large skillet, mix in ground beef, and sauté until the beef is done. This will serve as the meat mixture.
- Tomato Sauce: In a bowl, combine tomato basil sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and eggs.
- Coat baking pan with olive oil (9” X 12”).
- Start by spreading a layer of the tomato sauce to the bottom of the baking pan. Then add a layer of cooked festonate, followed by a layer of the meat mixture. Finish with cheese mixture and continue adding layers until the pan is just about full. Add final layer of tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.