|1 lb||Pastene Festonate|
|2 24oz jars||Pastene Tomato Basil Sauce|
|1/2 cup||Pastene Parmesan Cheese|
|1 lb||mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced|
|1 lb||ricotta cheese|
|3/4 cup||chopped onion|
|2||cloves chopped garlic|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1 tsp||italian seasoning|
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- Cook lasagna noodles for 10-15 minutes until tender but al dente, drain, and keep warm.
- Lightly brown garlic and onion in a large skillet, mix in ground beef, and sauté until the beef is done.
- Add the tomato basil sauce and seasonings and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and eggs. Grease baking pan with olive oil (9” X 12”). Skim a ½ cup of tomato sauce and pour into the bottom of the cooking pan. Place 2 lasagna noodles in the pan so the ends hang over the sides.
- Add a layer of the sauce, meat combination, plus the ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Continue adding layers until the pan is just about full. Fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and add a final layer of sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- The remaining sauce may be saved for serving time.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.