|16 oz||Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|2||chicken breasts, skinless and boneless|
|¼ cup||all-purpose flour (for dredging)|
|6 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|5 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|⅓ cup||lemon juice|
|½ cup||chicken stock|
|¼ cup||Pastene Capers, drained and rinsed|
|⅓ cup||fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|½ tsp||kosher salt, more to taste|
|½ tsp||black pepper, more to taste|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
- Butterfly each chicken breast and cut in half. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 additional tablespoons butter and olive oil and cook the other pieces of chicken in same manner as above. Remove pan from heat and transfer to the plate.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- In the original skillet, drain remaining oil and butter and add the lemon juice, chicken stock and capers. Return skillet to cooktop and bring contents to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Plate the spaghetti, top with a chicken breast and pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley.