|4||slices pancetta, diced|
|½||medium onion, chopped|
|¼ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Italian Peeled Tomatoes|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Rigatoni|
|½ cup||fresh basil, chopped|
|¼ cup||fresh parsley, chopped|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
- Cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet. Remove the pancetta and set aside.
- In same skillet with fat, cook onions, garlic and red pepper flakes, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and butter and simmer for 10 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and set aside, reserving ½ cup of pasta water
- Add pancetta, fresh basil, parsley, salt and pepper into sauce.
- Toss pasta and sauce together. If the sauce seems too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water and toss again.
- Serve topped with parmesan.