|6 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|6||fresh garlic cloves, minced|
|1 Tbsp||red pepper flakes, adjust to taste|
|1||28 oz can Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|1 pint||light cream|
|½ cup||grated pecorino romano cheese, plus more for garnish|
|1 bunch||fresh basil|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Penne Rigate|
|cracked black pepper to taste|
|garlic salt to taste|
|sea salt to taste|
by Alexia @Uhadmeatkitchen
- On medium, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add in the garlic and red chili flakes and sauté the garlic until golden brown.
- Add in the vodka, increase the heat to medium high, and stir for a few minutes until the alcohol on cooks off.
- Lower the heat and add in the tomatoes. Season to taste with cracked black pepper and garlic salt. Add in fresh basil leaves and simmer on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. For an extra smooth sauce use an immersion blender before adding the cream.
- When the sauce is halfway done, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until a few minutes before al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Fold the light cream and a few tablespoons of pecorino romano cheese into the sauce. Continue to simmer on low.
- Add the pasta into the sauce, coat the pasta well with the sauce and finish cooking the pasta for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Plate and serve topped with more pecorino and fresh basil.