|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|6||Pastene Anchovy Fillets|
|1||small bunch fresh basil|
|1||28 oz can Pastene San Marzano DOP Tomatoes|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Organic Spaghettini or Italian Spaghetti|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese, for garnish|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Separate the basil leaves from the stems.
- Place a medium skillet over medium high heat and warm a drizzle of oil. Add the minced garlic, the anchovy fillets and the stems of the basil. Reserve the leaves for garnish. Sauté for one minute watching closely not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and stir, breaking the tomatoes and anchovies up with the back of a wooden spoon. Turn off the heat allowing the residual heat warm the tomatoes. Remove basil stems.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking transfer the tomatoes to a large bowl. Add the butter and stir to combine.
- When spaghetti is done, drain and add to the sauce in the bowl tossing to combine. With a fork “twirl” the pasta and place in individual bowls or on a serving plates.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese.