|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 cup||white wine|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2-3 Tbsp||Pastene Capers, drained and rinsed|
|1 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed|
|1 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes, optional|
|¼ cup||chives, optional|
|⅛ cup||shallots, diced finely|
|1 cup||white onion, diced|
|16 oz||Pastene Spaghetti|
|1 lb medium size, about 12-14||scallops, thawed completely if frozen|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
White Wine Sauce Instructions
- In a medium skillet, heat butter, olive oil, minced garlic and shallots on medium heat. Cook for about two minutes, until garlic softens.
- Add wine. Bring to boil. Boil for several minutes until the amount of wine reduces approximately to half. Add onion.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring at all time, until the sauce thickens a bit. Add chopped chives, optional.
- Remove from heat. Stir in drained and rinsed capers and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and salt and pepper. Taste, add more lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper if needed. Keep covered
- Boil salted water and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain. Add to the sauce, stir to combine
- If using frozen scallops, make sure the scallops are thawed completely.
- Blot each scallop with paper towels to remove extra water.
- Season scallops with salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat until hot but not smoking. Oil should not be smoking, just rolling easily around the skillet.
- Add scallops without overcrowding the pan.
- Sear on one side for about four minutes until the scallops are a golden color. Do not move the scallops around the pan in the beginning.
- Turn the scallops to the other side and cook for two to three more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the scallops to the plate immediately.
- Do not allow the scallops to rest in the hot skillet. That will make them steam and lose their crust
- Add cooked scallops to the spaghetti with the creamy white wine sauce and reheat gently, stir frequently. Serve immediately.