|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|⅛ cup||shallots, finely chopped|
|1 cup||white onion, diced|
|1 cup||dry white wine|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed|
|1 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes, optional|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Capers, drained and rinsed|
|¼ cup||chives, optional|
|16 oz||Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|1 lb||medium size scallops, about 14, thawed|
|¼ tsp||salt, plus more for pasta water|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- In a medium skillet, add butter, 1 Tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, onion, and shallots and cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add wine and bring to boil. Boil for several minutes until the amount of wine reduces to half. Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil, then, immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for a few of minutes, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens a bit. Add chopped chives.
- Remove from heat. Stir in capers and lemon juice. Season with crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Taste, add more lemon juice and salt and pepper if desired. Keep covered and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and toss in the white wine sauce. Cover again and set aside.
- If using frozen scallops, make sure the scallops are thawed completely. Blot each scallop with paper towels to remove extra water. Season scallops with salt.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat until hot but not smoking. Add scallops without overcrowding the pan.
- Sear one side for about 4 minutes until the scallops are golden. Don’t move the scallops while searing. Turn the scallops over and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately transfer the scallops to the pasta and white wine sauce and reheat gently, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.