|1 Tbsp||Pastene Capers, drained and finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 cup||parsley, finely chopped|
|1||lemon, zested and juiced|
|2||Pastene Anchovy Fillets, optional|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes, or more to taste|
|½ tsp||black pepper|
|½ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|16 oz||Pastene Organic Spaghettini|
|⅛ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|¼ cup||Pastene Pignoli|
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- Combine chopped capers, garlic, and parsley into a large bowl.
- Zest the lemon, then juice. Add both the juice and zest to the capers, garlic, and parsley.
- If desired, add two anchovies to the mixture and pulse in a food processor for thirty seconds. Remove from processor and return to bowl.
- Add the red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and olive oil to the bowl and mix until incorporated. Taste for seasoning and add more as desired.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and return to the same pot on low heat and add butter. Toss in the butter to avoid the pasta from sticking.
- Pour the Verdi mixture into the pot with the pasta and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and pine nuts on top of each serving.