|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more as needed
|garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
|Pastene Anchovy Fillets,drained and patted dry
|red pepper flakes
|Pastene Italian Spaghettini
|Italian parsley leaves, chopped
|kosher salt to taste
|parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, then add the olive oil. Add the garlic, anchovies, and pepper flakes, coat with the oil, and cook slowly, stirring occasionally with a heat-resistant spatula or wooden spoon, until the garlic is fragrant and the anchovies are melting into the oil, 5 to 7 minutes. Keep an eye on the garlic to make sure it doesn’t burn or toast; adjust the heat if necessary.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the parsley to the sauté pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- As soon as the pasta is done, drain and quickly add directly to the sauté pan along with a splash of pasta water.
- Increase the heat to medium and toss the pasta with the pan ingredients. If needed, add a small drizzle oil and a bit more pasta water to keep everything loose. Taste the pasta and season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to individual serving plates or bowls and top with grated cheese.