|4 Tbsp||melted butter, divided|
|8 oz||shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2 Tbsp||soy sauce|
|3 Tbsp||chili garlic sauce|
|2 Tbsp||light miso|
|2 Tbsp||hot water|
|⅓ cup||coconut milk|
|16 ox||Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|⅔ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|½ cup||sliced scallion greens, plus more for garnish|
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to a medium bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle mushrooms on top and roast, stirring once, until deep golden brown and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Separately, in a bowl, whisk together the chili garlic sauce, miso, and 2 tablespoons of hot water from the boiling pot until smooth. Next, whisk in coconut milk and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook the pasta a until al dente. Drain, reserving ⅔ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta and mushrooms to a large skillet. Heat over medium heat until hot, add the miso mixture, reduce the heat to low. Quickly toss until the sauce coats the pasta.
- Add cheese, pepper, and pasta water as desired until the sauce reaches your desired flavor and consistency. Toss in the scallions.
- Divide among bowls, and garnish with more scallions and parmesan.
Recipe by Chrissy Teigen