|top round beef, tenderized and pounded thin
|28 oz cans Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes
|Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|fresh garlic cloves, minced
|red pepper flakes to taste
|garlic salt to taste
|cracked black pepper to taste
|fresh mint leaves
By Alexia @uhadmeatkitchen
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the beef on both sides with sea salt, garlic salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add some olive oil into a large skillet on medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering and hot, add in the beef.
- Brown the beef on both sides, remove and set aside.
- Add the beef into a large baking dish. Add garlic into the hot oil and stir, picking up all of the flavorful bits in the pan.
- Add the garlic and olive oil on top of the steak. Add the tomatoes on top of the steak
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, garlic salt and cracked black pepper.
- Separate oregano and mint leaves from their stems and sprinkle them on the sauce.
- Add a drizzle olive oil over the top, cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven for for 2 hours.
- Remove and serve over creamy mashed potatoes and a side of peas.