|4 cups||low sodium vegetable broth|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium onion, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Small Whole Cherry Tomatoes|
|1 ⅓ cup||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|1 tsp||nutmeg, optional|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 35-45 minutes
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan; keep warm over medium-low heat until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until golden and very soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until it darkens slightly and begins to stick to pan, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and nutmeg, if using, and cook, stirring occasionally, until some of the tomatoes begin to burst, about 2 minutes
- Stir in rice; season with salt, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, until some grains are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle in 2 cups broth and simmer, stirring frequently, until completely absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Ladle in another 2 cups broth gradually and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and most of the broth is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add butter, ¼ cup parmesan and cook, stirring constantly, until risotto is creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with additional ¼ cup parmesan.