|1||small white onion, finely grated|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|6||medium carrots, peeled and grated|
|1||zucchini, peeled and grated|
|2||celery stalks, chopped|
|¼ cup||fresh basil, chopped|
|2||28 oz cans Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|1 lb||mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated|
|15 oz||ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|16 oz||Pastene Lasagne Festonate|
|salt to taste|
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 2 hours and 40 minutes
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the butter and add onion, garlic, carrots, zucchini, celery, and basil; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook lasagne until al dente. Drain well and lay out each noodle on a clean kitchen towel to prevent sticking until assembly.
- Cover the bottom of a deep casserole pan with a generous layer of the vegetable sauce.
- Next add a layer of lasagne followed by a thin layer of sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, continue to layer until you get to the top. Make the last layer sauce, then mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.