|2||large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb|
|1||large yellow onion, thinly sliced|
|3 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 ½ Tbsp||kosher salt|
|½ tsp||garlic powder|
|¼ tsp||black pepper|
|3||large carrots, peeled and sliced into ¼” half moons|
|3||large celery ribs, sliced into ¼” half moons|
|3 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|¾ cup||Pastene Italian Pepe Bucato|
|½ cup||parsley, finely chopped|
|grated parmesan, for serving|
- Place the chicken and 10 cups of water in a large pot. Partly cover and bring to a boil over high heat, skim off any foam that rises to the top.
- Add onion, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper; stir and bring back up to a gentle boil. Cover completely, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic and tomato paste, stirring to incorporate the tomato paste. Increase the heat to medium high and allow to come back up to a gentle boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, as desired.
- Remove the cooked chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Add the pasta to the soup, stir and increase the heat to medium-high and bring back up to a gentle boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- While the pasta cooks, shred the chicken with a fork. Add the shredded chicken and parsley to the soup, stir, cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve topped with grated parmesan.