|16 oz||Pastene Fusilli|
|¼ cup||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|¾ cup||feta cheese, crumbled|
|2/3 cup||Pastene Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs|
|2 (about 1 lb)||summer squash|
|2 Tbsp||fresh thyme|
|¾ tsp||kosher salt|
|Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese or Pastene Grated Romano Cheese|
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add minced garlic, bread crumbs, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bread crumbs are crunchy and brown, 3–5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in parsley and ¼ tsp salt.
- Coarsely grate squash into a large bowl. Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Cook fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the bowl with the squash. Stir vigorously adding the pasta water as you go.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl or platter and top with feta and reserved bread crumbs. Mix and serve immediately.
- Optional: Top with Parmesan or Romano