|1 cup||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|1 ½ cups||bell pepper (mix of red, green, yellow & orange)|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|½ cup||onion chopped|
|1 (14 ounce) can||Pastene Black Beans drained & rinsed|
|1 (10 ounce) can||Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|3 cups||chicken broth|
|1 cup||frozen corn|
|½ Jar||Pastene Pimentos|
|1 cup||Shredded Mexican cheese|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Olive Oil|
|1½ Tbsp||Ground Cumin|
|2 tsp||Chili powder|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
- Coat a small saucepan with olive oil and sauté peppers.
- Cook the peppers until they are slightly charred
- After about 5 minutes, add garlic, corn, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and pimentos. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook onion on medium heat with the butter.
- When the onion becomes fragrant, add the Arborio Rice. Stir for 2 minutes and add in 1 cup of chicken broth; let the rice completely absorb the broth before adding the 2nd cup.
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, and black beans to rice.
- Then add the third and final cup of broth.
- Cook until al dente (approx. 20 minutes from when added the first cup of rice).
- Fold in pepper mix and freshly squeezed lime juice to taste.
- Season with cilantro and more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from: http://www.feedyoursoul2.com/mexican-risotto/