|1 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 ½ cups||bell pepper, diced|
|1 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 cup||fresh or frozen corn|
|½ cup||onion, chopped|
|1||10 oz can Pastene Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|½||jar Pastene Pimentos|
|1 ½ cups||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|4 cups||vegetable or chicken broth|
|1||14 oz can Pastene Black Beans, drained & rinsed|
|1½ Tbsp||ground cumin|
|2 tsp||chili powder|
|1 cup||shredded Mexican cheese, plus more for garnish|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil and sauté peppers until they are tender.
- After about 5 minutes, add garlic, corn, tomatoes, and pimentos. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Next, on medium heat, melt the butter in a large skillet and cook onion until fragrant. Add rice, stir for 2 minutes, and add 1 cup of chicken broth. Let the rice completely absorb the broth before adding the 2nd cup.
- Finally, add the 3rd and 4th cups of broth. Cook until the rice is tender, approximately 20 to 25 minutes from when the rice was added. Taste the rice as it cooks to best judge when it is done.
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, and black beans to rice, stirring to combine.
- Fold in pepper mixture and then the cheese. Top with freshly squeezed lime juice to taste.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and and additional cheese.