|1 large bunch||broccoli rabe, washed and 2" trimmed off stems|
|2 tsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|3 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1 cup||chicken broth|
|1/4 Cup||Pastene grated Parmesan|
|crushed red pepper flakes|
|salt and pepper|
- Cut broccoli rabe in quarters.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add broccoli rabe. Blanch for about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, drain and set aside in a colander.
- Re-fill pot with water and salt for the pasta and bring back to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Heat pan to medium-high, add olive oil to the pan; when hot add garlic and cook until golden (don’t burn).
- Return broccoli rabe to the pan, mix well with the garlic and oil, season with salt and pepper and cook about a minute.
- Drain pasta and add to the broccoli rabe. Reduce heat and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if using.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and toss another 30 seconds so that everything is mixed well and the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and add to a large pasta dish or divide equally between 6 pasta bowls. Serve with additional grated cheese if you desire.