|16 oz||Pastene Italian Spaghetti|
|8||slices of bacon, diced|
|4||eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|¼ cup||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|2 Tbsp||fresh parsley, finely chopped as garnish, optional|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.