|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 medium||carrots, peeled and diced|
|2 stalks||celery, chopped|
|2 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|2 Tbsp||Pastene Tomato Paste|
|2 lbs||ground lamb|
|½ cup||red wine|
|2||28 oz cans Pastene Kitchen Ready Tomatoes|
|2 tsp||fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 tsp||fresh rosemary, chopped|
|2 tsp||fresh oregano, chopped|
|¼ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|fresh parsely, chopped, for garnish|
Prep time: 20 minutes| Cook time: 80 minutes
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add lamb and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes.
- Add red wine and cook until mostly reduced, 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes, then fill each can with ¼ cup water and swirl around to catch any extra juices and add to pot.
- Add fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve over your favorite Pastene pasta.