|2 Tbsp||Pastene Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||medium yellow onion, diced|
|4 tsp||Pastene Minced Garlic|
|1||fresh ginger, 1” long piece, peeled and chopped|
|2 tsp||Pastene Hot Pepper Rings or Pastene Deli Sliced Peperoncini, chopped|
|1||14 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|4 cups||chicken stock|
|1||13 oz can coconut milk|
|1/2 cup||unsweetened natural peanut butter|
|salt to taste|
|chopped chives and sliced peppers, for garnish|
Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium. Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until onions are softened stirring frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Stir in the chopped hot pepper or peperoncini and pumpkin.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, honey and peanut butter. Using an immersion blender puree the soup until smooth.
- Serve as is or top with more pepper and snipped chives.