|1 (28 oz) can||Pastene Tomato Puree|
|1 ½ cups||heavy cream|
|1||yellow onion, diced|
|2 cups||fresh spinach|
|1 tsp||Pastene Hot Crushed Peppers, optional|
|1 Tbsp||Pastene Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|basil, as garnish|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent. Stir in cream and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato puree, mix well, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Next, reduce heat to low and simmer, cover for 5 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper.
- Chef’s Note: If you want to add some spice to your soup, stir in hot crushed peppers.
- Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Spinach should barely be wilted.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and basil for garnish, this soup can be served hot or cold.