|5 cups||whole milk|
|3 Tbsp||unsweetened cocoa|
|2 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|½ cup||Pastene Arborio Rice|
|¾ cup||dark chocolate, chopped|
|½ cup||coconut cream|
|2 Tbsp||kahlua, optional|
|whipped cream for garnish|
Prep time: 5 -10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes
- Add the milk and cocoa powder to a heavy duty pot. Heat over medium heat while whisking until hot but don’t let the milk come to a boil.
- In another small pot, add the butter and sugar and heat over medium heat until the butter is browned and bubbly, and sugar has melted, about 3 minutes. Add the rice to the browned butter “caramel” sauce in the pot.
- Add the hot milk one ladle full at a time, stirring constantly until most of the milk has been absorbed by the rice mixture being careful not to let the mixture get too dry or it will burn. Keep adding the milk gradually and stirring for about 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, add the remaining milk and turn down to low. Cook stirring regularly until the rice is tender and the mixture is thick, about another 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped chocolate ¼ cup at a time and stir after each addition until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the coconut cream and liquor.
- Garnish whipped cream. Serve hot or cold. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight if serving cold.